Thursday 16 October 2014


After 'Le Corbusier' and 'Matisse'

Life Drawing and all that 'Jazz'.

16th October  2014



 

I prefer drawing to talking. Drawing is faster, and leaves less room for lies.  Le Corbusier


Le Corbusier and the Concept of Self

 By Simon Richards, Le Corbusier

Le Corbusier: Elements of a Synthesis

 By Stanislaus von Moos

 

For me, vibrant flat colour and a flowing key line are a way in which figurative imagery can be translated. In this way, life drawing is an exciting process for me; extracting and attempting to visualise a living creature using line and tone, producing a continuous line drawing. 
La Danse 1 - Matisse (MOMA NYC)


Autant Couche Que Debout 

Matisse and Le Corbusier are influences on my work. Matisse with his quick and expressive figures appear to capture fleeting moments in time. 
These 'Snapshots' of block colour and twisting shapes are reminiscent of fleeting memories. 

Le Corbusier figures - similar stylistically to those of Miro and Picasso - one image (albeit a lithograph)  'Autant Couche Que Debout' became the theme for my next workshop.



My own series of life drawings; overlapping figures which were constantly moving, warm and fluid, became an amorphous mass of shapes. It was my intention to use these sketches as the basis for my etching workshop.

My bad. 



No comments:

Post a Comment