Friday 23 September 2016

MINI PRINT MAYHEM

DEADLINE 17TH NOVEMBER

Theresa. May I ?


My initial thoughts were to develop the links I've already made with  'Renaissance' and beyond' - a series of digital feminine experimental portraits (see my website www.clarewyattart.com). 

I was attempting to produce a piece of work that combined new Prime Minister Theresa May with pieces of my drawn nudes - a female amalgam if you like  - with a series of tiny flags breaking away from the halo of her Britishness, indicating 'Brexit'. 

However, I dislike the test silkscreen print. The colour palette is limited and the overall design is too precise and formal. This piece feels uncomfortable I want more fluidity and a looser interpretation for a finished print.  Also, I now realise that this design should have been digitally printed, so all the complex overlays would have been printed with precision and avoiding problems with tight registration. The application of a silkscreen keyline as a final layer would have added a more fluid 'Matissey' feel to the design.

My favourite design taken from the series of images I produced incorporate more of my nude drawing and graduated colour. 


No comments:

Post a Comment