Wednesday 14 December 2016

GIRL ON GIRL

In order to prepare for the imminent end of the MA, I have started to think about displaying my figurative work in both two and three dimensions.  There are a few initial issues that I am researching:

How best to present my work this in order to highlight the female portraits and accentuate aspects of these feminine Renaissance forms?

On what material would I print my work?

Which fabric would be most effective in representing the qualities of these rounded shapes and accentuate their qualities?

Why not begin by producing a range of wearable art where women wear my women? 

With my theme of femininity, it makes sense that the female body becomes the canvas for a selection of my work. Unsophisticated garments that drape and highlight my actual printed  design without distraction are essential. So, a simple construction would emphasise my feminine designs most effectively with the print juxtaposed alongside the human form. 
The 'Shift dress' was one example of a simple construction that could be made easily with the emphasis being on the pattern not the dress (the dress becomes the frame for the print).

A ‘Shift dress’ is a short dress that lacks detailed shaping and is usually sleeveless. These dresses are generally plain and were popular in the late 1950s and 60s.




No comments:

Post a Comment